This community website is regularly updated so click to refresh the page to see the latest content
- November 2017: ITV confirms return to Deal in January 2019 to film 'Liar' prequel reports Kent Online
- October 2017: Finalist Deal wins silver gilt award in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2017 campaign
- September 2017: ITV starts filming seven part drama 'Vanity Fair' in Deal reports Kent Online
- September 2017: Starring role for Deal in ITV thriller 'Liar' reports Kent Online
- August 2017: Deal voted 8th best UK seaside resort in McCarthy & Stone poll
- July 2017: "A weekend away - notes from Deal" article posted in Denys & Fielding blog
- July 2017: Deal finalist in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2017 campaign
- July 2017: "Why Deal is England's best kept beach secret" according to Natalie Rigg of Condé Nast Traveller
- May 2017: Filming of Sky popular drama 'The Tunnel' resumes in Deal
- March 2017: Deal ranked top in "20 best places to live by the sea in Britain" by Liz Rowlinson of The Times
- March 2017: Caroline Read's "A Town Guide to Deal" for DFLs published in Kent Life
- February 2017: Deal tagged "Britain's most beautiful seaside town" by Jeremy Swift in The Daily Telegraph
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar' resumes in Deal at Hope & Lane
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar' resumes in Deal at The Marina and Wellington Parade
- January 2017: Gregory Holyoake reveals Deal's smuggling legacy in "Britain's most wanted town"
- November 2016: "Making the move to a new life in Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- November 2016: Bathing water quality at Deal assessed 'excellent' by the Environment Agency
- November 2016: Deal and its Pier scouted as location for filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar'
- October 2016: Finalist Deal wins silver gilt award in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2016 campaign
- June 2016: "Deal: a fresh guide for 2017" published in Weekendr - a getaway guide for Londoners
- March 2016: Deal dubbed "The charming seaside town" by Kent Life
- September 2015: Deal featured in "10 best autumn breaks by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- August 2015: Deal listed as "One of 20 unspoilt seaside gems you must visit" by The Daily Mail
- July 2015: Deal named "Best hipster holiday destination for Londoners" by The London Evening Standard
- June 2015: Deal featured in "How the East Kent coast became the new Shoreditch" by The Daily Telegraph
- March 2015: Deal nominated "One of top 30 places to live by the sea" by The Times
- January 2015: "Weekend in Deal" feature article published in Coast Magazine
- November 2014: Deal voted "Britain's best coastal town" in poll commissioned by The Daily Telegraph
- October 2014: Deal's 'Seastar' dubbed "One of 8 best mobility-friendly holiday properties by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- March 2014: Deal named "One of top 30 weekend retreats" by The Times
- March 2014: "Ideal Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- February 2014: Deal featured in "Spotlight on Deal" by Kent Life
- January 2014: Deal wins The Daily Telegraph's inaugural "High street of the year" award
- March 2011: Deal featured in The Times' "Where to cycle by the sea" guide
- October 2010: Time Out article "Très près de France" published in The Daily Mirror
- June 2010: Tom Dyckhoff's article "Let's move to Deal, Kent" published in The Guardian
- May 2009: Deal Pier café wins RIBA and Wood (Structure) Awards
- May 2008: Deal wins "10 top spots to lay your beach towel" nomination by The Daily Telegraph
- April 2008: Deal Pier voted "Pier of the Year" by National Piers Society after finishing runners-up in 2000 and 2001
… click Archive to view old stuff …
Deal Pier Christmas & New Year Opening Times 2017/2018 Sunday, 24th December (Christmas Eve) 8am to 6pm Monday, 25th December (Christmas Day) Closed Tuesday, 26th December (Boxing Day) 10am to 4pm Wednesday, 27th December 8am to 6pm Thursday, 28th December 8am to 6pm Friday, 29th December 8am to 6pm Saturday, 30th December 8am to midnight Sunday, 31st December (New Year's Eve) 8am to 6pm Monday, 1st January (New Year's Day) 10am to 4pm Tuesday, 2nd January 8am to 6pm The winter Pier opening times (see below) resume on Wednesday, 3rd January 2018
Pier Opening Hours: 1st December 2017 to 31st March 2018 Daily 8am to 6pm Weekend Saturday 8am through to midnight All night group bookings Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 6am Pier Telephone 01304 363815
Fishing Charges: 1st December 2017 to 31st March 2018 Adults Concessions  8am - 1pm £6.00 per rod £3.00 per rod 1pm - 6pm (10pm Saturday) £4.50 per rod £2.30 per rod Combined day/night ticket £11.00 per rod £7.00 per rod Club hire of pier (per night) £200.00 Book Online Drop nets & handlines £1.45  Concessions include juniors under 16, unemployed, senior citizens, disabled and students
site search by freefind advanced
Deal Pier Website Pages
Links to articles published on this website from 2013 to date can be located on, and viewed from, the Archive page. Be patient while the archived pages load in your browser as each page contains a large amount of data and numerous images.
Fish of the Month Competition
Deal's last remaining bait and tackle dealer - Channel Angling - sponsors a monthly prize of £10 in vouchers (redeemable at Channel Angling to buy tackle) to the angler landing the biggest pier-caught fish as decided by the Pier Superintendant. If you are the winner just take proof of your identity to Channel Angling to receive your £10 voucher. Details of current and past winners are published on the FOTM page..
Deal Pier & Beach Catch Reports
Regular and frequent catch reports for Deal Pier and the 15 mile stretch of beach from Pegwell Bay south to St. Margaret's Bay are published on the Flog page. The catch reports from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the Catch Report Archive page.
Photographs & Postcards
If you would like to see your photographs of (or from) Deal Pier on this website please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be published on the Photos page. Images from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the Photo Archive page. Old postcards of Deal Pier can be found on the Postcards page.
If you have news concerning Deal Pier which you would like to see published on this website please email details to email@example.com. News reports from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the News Archive page.
Reviews of recent and historical sources relating to pier fishing in general - and Deal Pier fishing in particular - are published on the Fishing page.
Fishing LIDAR Maps
LIDAR maps of the seabed either side of Deal Pier are published on the Fishing LIDAR Maps page.
An excellent history of Deal Pier authored by local historian Gregory Holyoake in 1981 is reproduced on the History page.
Results of all Deal & Walmer Angling Association competitions reported by David Chamberlain are published on the DWAA page.
Deal & Walmer Angling Association competition statistics and leader-board are published on this page.
Solunar Predictions for 2016
Deal Pier solunar prediction tables for the current month are published on the Solunar page.
Links & Resources
Links to relevant external websites and useful resources (EFSA, SAMF & NFSA competition rules, NFSA size limits and the Deal Pier Byelaws 1976) are published on the Links page.
Deal Location & Parking
Parking and location details for Deal Pier are published on the Parking page.