This community website is regularly updated so click to refresh the page to see the latest content
- November 2019: "Kent's HS1 train service has revived and reinvented Deal" says Patrick West, The Spectator
- November 2019: Black Pig wins Young British Foodie meat category award reports KentOnline
- July 2019: Deal Pier Kitchen reviewed by Muddy Stilettos
- June 2019: Deal ranked 39th best British seaside town in Which? survey
- May 2019: "Deal … the houses are lovely" reports Hamptons for The Sunday Times
- May 2019: Linden Hall Gallery Deal voted Kent's best art gallery 2019
- May 2019: The Rose: "London has arrived" restaurant review, Grace Dent, The Guardian
- May 2019: Deal Pier Kitchen and Linden Hall Gallery nominated 'Muddy Award' 2019 finalists
- April 2019: Deal one of the "best seaside towns near London for a sunny weekend" London Evening Standard
- April 2019: The Black Douglas voted 15th best coffee shop in England by Big 7 Travel reports Kent Live
- April 2019: Filming of psychological thriller 'Liar 2' resumes on Deal Pier and will air on ITV in the autumn
- April 2019: The Rose voted "Hotel of the week" by Kate Lough, Evening Standard
- March 2019: "Deal ticks every box for a holiday …" Emma Ledger, The Sun
- March 2019: Deal "one of the best old-fashioned seaside towns less than two hours by train from London", Sarah Guy, The Daily Telegraph
- February 2019: "A weekend in … Deal" Gemma Bowes, The Times
- February 2019: "Deal one of the six best UK towns for spring breaks" Jane Dunford and Sarah Baxter, The Guardian
- January 2019: "Deal Pier renovation video" Hipperson
- January 2019: "The cool hotel guide: The Rose, Deal" Gemma Bowes, The Times
- January 2019: "A love letter to Deal …" Lauren MacDougall, KentLive
- January 2019: The 10 best things to do in Deal, Tripadvisor
- November 2018: Deal dubbed "the town most engaged with Breast Cancer Now fundraising" reports KentOnline
- November 2018: The Rose voted one of the UK's ten best best foodie hotels by Rhiannon Batten et al of The Guardian
- November 2018: The Rose named one of the 10 best coastal hotels in the UK" by The Observer
- November 2018: "Why Deal should be your next staycation" Rhiannon Curry, The Independent
- October 2018: Walmer's 'Goose on the Green' wins Kent Life "Independent Café/Tea Room of the Year 2018" award
- October 2018: "Let's move to Deal … these streets have tales to tell" Tom Dyckhoff, The Guardian
- October 2018: Deal wins silver gilt in RHS 'Britain in Bloom' 2018 campaign
- September 2018: "In Britain: Deal, Kent" article by Jane Dunford and Helen Cathcart of Condé Nast Traveller
- August 2018: Deal Pier café included in Dover Arts Development's CHALKUP21 project "9 Structures"
- August 2018: Deal finalist in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2018 campaign
- August 2018: Walmer's 'Goose on the Green' a double finalist nominee in Kent Life 2018 food & drink awards
- August 2018: ITV returns to Kingsdown to film 'Missing' spin-off 'Baptiste' reports Kent Online
- August 2018: "A perfect day in Deal" reports Time Out
- July 2018: Deal recommended as "one of nine Seaside towns in Kent to visit from London" by The Londonist
- July 2018: "The Rose" reviewed by Jane Dunford for The Guardian
- June 2018: "Deal: a fresh guide for 2018" published in Weekendr - a getaway guide for Londoners
- June 2018: "The real Deal: inside The Rose, the coolest new boutique hotel on the Kentish coast" The Daily Telegraph
- May 2018: Deal first of "seven of the best seaside day trips from London" chosen by The Daily Telegraph
- May 2018: Deal beach one of the top 20 best British shingle beaches says The Daily Telegraph
- April 2018: Deal's "most breathtaking beer gardens" revealed by KentLive
- March 2018: "Nine reasons Deal really is the best place to live in the UK" according to KentLive
- March 2018: Deal named as "one of the best places to live in the UK" by The Sunday Times
- December 2017: Jasin's café to close on 1 January 2018 reports East Kent Mercury
- November 2017: Deal: Kent's Hidden Gem by Savitri Wilder
- November 2017: ITV confirms return to Deal in January 2019 to film 'Liar' prequel reports Kent Online
- October 2017: Finalist Deal wins silver gilt award in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2017 campaign
- September 2017: ITV starts filming seven part drama 'Vanity Fair' in Deal reports Kent Online
- September 2017: Starring role for Deal in ITV thriller 'Liar' reports Kent Online
- August 2017: Deal voted 8th best UK seaside resort in McCarthy & Stone poll
- July 2017: "A weekend away - notes from Deal" article posted in Denys & Fielding blog
- July 2017: Deal finalist in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2017 campaign
- July 2017: "Why Deal is England's best kept beach secret" according to Natalie Rigg of Condé Nast Traveller
- June 2017: "Big Deal" chosen one of "the best of the UK seaside" by Jane Dunford, Guardian Travel editor
- May 2017: Filming of Sky popular drama 'The Tunnel' resumes in Deal
- March 2017: Deal ranked top in "20 best places to live by the sea in Britain" by Liz Rowlinson of The Times
- March 2017: Caroline Read's "A Town Guide to Deal" for DFLs published in Kent Life
- February 2017: Deal tagged "Britain's most beautiful seaside town" by Jeremy Swift in The Daily Telegraph
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar' resumes in Deal at Hope & Lane
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar' resumes in Deal at The Marina and Wellington Parade
- January 2017: Gregory Holyoake reveals Deal's smuggling legacy in "Britain's most wanted town"
- November 2016: "Making the move to a new life in Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- November 2016: Bathing water quality at Deal assessed "excellent" by the Environment Agency
- November 2016: Deal and its Pier scouted as location for filming of ITV romantic thriller 'Liar'
- October 2016: Finalist Deal wins silver gilt award in RHS "Britain in Bloom" 2016 campaign
- June 2016: "Deal: a fresh guide for 2017" published in Weekendr - a getaway guide for Londoners
- May 2016: "Going places: Deal" review by Tim Palmer for The Sunday Times
- May 2016: "Eight reasons to love Deal in Kent" reports Nell for The Pigeon Pair and Me
- March 2016: Deal dubbed "The charming seaside town" by Kent Life
- September 2015: Deal featured in "10 best autumn breaks by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- August 2015: Deal listed as "One of 20 unspoilt seaside gems you must visit" by The Daily Mail
- July 2015: Deal named "Best hipster holiday destination for Londoners" by The London Evening Standard
- June 2015: Deal featured in "How the East Kent coast became the new Shoreditch" by The Daily Telegraph
- March 2015: Deal nominated "One of top 30 places to live by the sea" by The Times
- January 2015: "Weekend in Deal" feature article published in Coast Magazine
- November 2014: Deal voted "Britain's best coastal town" in poll commissioned by The Daily Telegraph
- October 2014: Deal's 'Seastar' dubbed "One of 8 best mobility-friendly holiday properties by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- March 2014: Deal named "One of top 30 weekend retreats" by The Times
- March 2014: "Ideal Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- February 2014: Deal featured in "Spotlight on Deal" by Kent Life
- January 2014: Deal wins The Daily Telegraph's inaugural "High street of the year" award
- March 2011: Deal featured in The Times' "Where to cycle by the sea" guide
- October 2010: Time Out article "Très près de France" published in The Daily Mirror
- June 2010: Tom Dyckhoff's article "Let's move to Deal, Kent" published in The Guardian
- May 2009: Deal Pier café wins RIBA and Wood (Structure) Awards
- May 2008: Deal wins "10 top spots to lay your beach towel" nomination by The Daily Telegraph
- April 2008: Deal Pier voted "Pier of the Year" by National Piers Society after finishing runners-up in 2000 and 2001
- 1980s: Paul Hogan, Fosters and Deal Pier
… click Archive to view old stuff …
Winter Pier Opening Hours: 1st December 2019 to 31st March 2020 Sunday to Friday 8am to 6pm Saturday 8am to midnight All night group bookings Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 6am Pier Telephone 01304 363815 Pier Restaurant 9am to 5pm
Winter Fishing Charges: 1st December 2019 to 31st March 2020 Adults Concessions  8am - 1pm £6.20 per rod £3.10 per rod 1pm - 6pm (midnight Friday and Saturday) £4.70 per rod £2.40 per rod Combined day/night ticket £11.20 per rod £7.20 per rod Club hire of Pier (per night) £200.00 Book Online  Concessions include juniors under 16, unemployed, senior citizens, disabled and students
Deal Pier Christmas & New Year Opening Times 2019/2020 Sunday, 22nd December 8am to 6pm Monday, 23rd December 8am to 6pm Tuesday, 24th December (Christmas Eve) 8am to 6pm Wednesday, 25th December (Christmas Day) Closed Thursday, 26th December (Boxing Day) 8am to 4pm Friday, 27th December 8am to 6pm Saturday, 28th December 8am to midnight Sunday, 29th December 8am to 6pm Monday, 30th December 8am to 6pm Tuesday, 31st December (New Year's Eve) 8am to 6pm Wednesday, 1st January (New Year's Day) 10am to 4pm The winter Pier opening times (see above) resume on Thursday, 2nd January 2020. The council has extended the usual Boxing Day operating hours to accommodate the early start of the Boxing Day Dip; this is due to forecasted high tides for the usual start time.
site search by freefind advanced
Deal Pier Website Pages
Links to articles published on this website from 2013 to date can be located on, and viewed from, the Archive page. Be patient while the archived pages load in your browser as each page contains a large amount of data and numerous images.
Fish of the Month Competition
The monthly fish-of-the-month competition continues and the council is donating two £11 day/night Pier fishing tickets to the angler catching the heaviest eligible fish (i.e. exceeding 1 kilo) caught in the fish-of-the-month competition. Details of current and past winners will continue to be published on the FOTM page.
Photographs & Postcards
If you would like to see your photographs of (or from) Deal Pier on this website please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be published on the Photos page. Images from 2012 to 2018 can be found on the Photo Archive page. Old postcards of Deal Pier can be found on the Postcards page.
If you have news concerning Deal Pier which you would like to see published on this website please email details to email@example.com. News reports from 2012 to 2018 can be found on the following archived pages:
Reviews of recent and historical sources relating to pier fishing in general - and Deal Pier fishing in particular - are published on the Fishing page.
Fishing LIDAR Maps
LIDAR maps of the seabed either side of Deal Pier are published on the Fishing LIDAR Maps page.
An excellent history of Deal Pier authored by local historian Gregory Holyoake in 1981 is reproduced on the History page which now includes links to numerous articles on local history, Julius Cæsar, the 'Patria', J.M.W. Turner, smuggling, Deal Pier café, the 'Rooswijk', local sea angling and newspaper articles (1838-1962).
Results of all Deal & Walmer Angling Association competitions reported by David Chamberlain are published on the DWAA page.
Deal & Walmer Angling Association competition statistics and leader-board are published on this page.
Solunar Predictions for 2019
Deal Pier solunar prediction tables for the current month are published on the Solunar page.
Links & Resources
Links to relevant external websites and useful resources (EFSA, SAMF & NFSA competition rules, NFSA size limits and the Deal Pier Byelaws 1976) are published on the Links page.
Deal Location & Parking
Parking and location details for Deal Pier are published on the Parking page.
Privacy, Cookies & Personal Data Protection