Deal Pier Diamond Jubilee - Sunday 19th November 2017
(International Men's Day)
This community website is regularly updated so click to refresh the page to see the latest content
- April 2008: Deal Pier voted "Pier of the Year" by National Piers Society after finishing runners-up in 2000 and 2001
- May 2008: Deal wins "10 top spots to lay your beach towel" nomination by The Daily Telegraph
- May 2009: Deal Pier café wins RIBA and Wood (Structure) Awards
- June 2010: Tom Dyckhoff's article "Let's move to Deal, Kent" published in The Guardian
- October 2010: Time Out article "Très près de France" published in The Daily Mirror
- March 2011: Deal featured in The Times' "Where to cycle by the sea" guide
- January 2014: Deal wins The Daily Telegraph's inaugural "High street of the year" award
- February 2014: Deal featured in "Spotlight on Deal" by Kent Life
- March 2014: "Ideal Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- March 2014: Deal named "One of top 30 weekend retreats" by The Times
- October 2014: Deal's 'Seastar' dubbed "One of 8 best mobility-friendly holiday properties by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- November 2014: Deal voted "Britain's best coastal town" in poll commissioned by The Daily Telegraph
- January 2015: "Weekend in Deal" feature article published in Coast Magazine
- March 2015: Deal nominated "One of top 30 places to live by the sea" by The Times
- June 2015: Deal featured in "How the East Kent coast became the new Shoreditch" by The Daily Telegraph
- July 2015: Deal named "Best hipster holiday destination for Londoners" by The London Evening Standard
- August 2015: Deal listed as "One of 20 unspoilt seaside gems you must visit" by The Daily Mail
- September 2015: Deal featured in "10 best autumn breaks by the sea" in Coast Magazine
- March 2016: Deal dubbed "The charming seaside town" by Kent Life
- June 2016: "Deal, a fresh guide for 2016" feature article published on weekendr.co.uk
- October 2016: Finalist Deal wins silver gilt award in "Britain in Bloom" RHS campaign
- November 2016: Deal and its Pier scouted as location for filming of ITV romantic thriller "Liar"
- November 2016: Bathing water quality at Deal assessed 'excellent' by the Environment Agency
- November 2016: "Making the move to a new life in Deal" feature article in Coast Magazine
- January 2017: Gregory Holyoake reveals Deal's smuggling legacy in "Britain's most wanted town"
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller "Liar" resumes in Deal at The Marina and Wellington Parade
- February 2017: Filming of ITV romantic thriller "Liar" resumes in Deal at Hope & Lane
- February 2017: Deal tagged "Britain's most beautiful seaside town" by Jeremy Swift in The Daily Telegraph
- March 2017: Caroline Read's "A Town Guide to Deal" for DFLs published in Kent Life
- March 2017: Deal ranked top in "20 best places to live by the sea in Britain" by Liz Rowlinson of The Times
- May 2017: Filming of Sky popular drama "The Tunnel" resumes in Deal
Pleasure Angling(opposite the Royal Hotel)
95 Beach Street
Deal CT14 6JE
(t) 01304 239191 (w) Pleasureangling (e) email@example.com Open daily from 7am to 5:30pm
(early closing at 1:30 pm on Tuesdays and Sundays)
(satnav) 51.2255, 1.4041
… click Archive to view old stuff …
Channel AnglingNorth Toll House
Deal CT14 6HZ
(t) 01304 373104 Open daily from 7am to 6pm (satnav) 51.223707, 1.404842
Pier Opening Hours: 1st April 2017 to 30th November 2017 Monday to Thursday 8am to 10pm Friday 8am to midnight Weekend Saturday 8am through to Sunday 10pm Pier Telephone 01304 363815
Fishing Charges: 1st April 2017 to 30th November 2017 Adults Concessions  8am to 5pm £6.00 per rod £3.00 per rod 5pm to 10pm (midnight Friday) £4.50 per rod £2.30 per rod 10pm to 6am (Saturday) £8.50 per rod £5.00 per rod Combined day/night ticket £11.00 per rod £7.00 per rod Club hire of Pier per night Sunday to Thursday (10pm to 6am) £200.00 Book Online Drop nets & handlines £1.50  Concessions include juniors under 16, unemployed, senior citizens, disabled and students
Deal Pier Website Pages
site search by freefind advanced
Links to articles published on this website from 2013 to date can be located on, and viewed from, the Archive page. Be patient while the archived pages load in your browser as each page contains a large amount of data and numerous images.
Fish of the Month Competition
Deal's two bait and tackle dealers - Pleasure Angling and Channel Angling - together sponsor a monthly prize of £20 in vouchers (i.e. £10 each), redeemable in their shops to buy tackle, to the angler landing the biggest pier-caught fish as decided by the Pier Superintendant. If you are the winner just take proof of your identity to each of the two shops to receive your £10 vouchers. Details of current and past winners are published on the FOTM page.
Deal Pier & Beach Catch Reports
Regular and frequent catch reports for Deal Pier and the 15 mile stretch of beach from Pegwell Bay south to St. Margaret's Bay are published on the Flog page. The catch reports from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the Catch Report Archive page.
Photographs & Postcards
If you would like to see your photographs of (or from) Deal Pier on this website please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be published on the Photos page. Images from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the Photo Archive page. Old postcards of Deal Pier can be found on the Postcards page.
If you have news concerning Deal Pier which you would like to see published on this website please email details to email@example.com. News reports from 2012 to 2016 can be found on the News Archive page.
Reviews of recent and historical sources relating to pier fishing in general - and Deal Pier fishing in particular - are published on the Fishing page.
Fishing LIDAR Maps
LIDAR maps of the seabed either side of Deal Pier are published on the Fishing LIDAR Maps page.
An excellent history of Deal Pier authored by local historian Gregory Holyoake in 1981 is reproduced on the History page.
Results of all Deal & Walmer Angling Association competitions reported by David Chamberlain are published on the DWAA page.
Deal & Walmer Angling Association competition statistics and leader-board are published on this page.
Solunar Predictions for 2016
Deal Pier solunar prediction tables for the current month are published on the Solunar page.
Links & Resources
Links to relevant external websites and useful resources (EFSA, SAMF & NFSA competition rules, NFSA size limits and the Deal Pier Byelaws 1976) are published on the Links page.
Deal Location & Parking
Parking and location details for Deal Pier are published on the Parking page.